Similar to when we wrote our book in 2010, we are once again are looking for the list of established brand winners, under-the-radar gems and promising startup options that rise above the average and even above average crop.. Many brands on are list that were great nearly a decade ago are no longer great (some are no longer around).
This year, we’ve expanded our focus of what great brands do to go beyond just the customer and marketing game to include technology, culture, sales and innovation. As we pointed out in book years ago, this is what a brand has evolved to in 2018.
Why “Zeitgeist Brands”? Outside of being the label we put on our key 2018 customer survey, we feel like these brands should represent the wind of our times – brands need to be smarter, more authentic and more immersive. (Sidebar on Zeitgeist: scholars have long maintained that each era has a unique spirit, a nature or climate that sets it apart from all other epochs. In German, such a spirit is known as “Zeitgeist,” from the German words Zeit, meaning “time,” and Geist, meaning “spirit” or “ghost.”)
Our search for you insatiable brand lovers, professional brand observers and mavens of extraordinarily good marketplace perception begins…
We have one of our shortest surveys ever asking for your opinion in 11 different categories and which one brand in your entire life rises to the absolute top. We’re curious to hear you answers.
We already know some of the biggest, fastest growing brands will be there, but we’d love it if we didn’t just reward size and truly got to the heart of what do great brands do, regardless of heft.
Here are the 11 award categories:
- Innovative/Disruptive Business Model
- Customer Experience/ Service
- Sales, Business Development, Channel & eCommerce
- Marketing, Communications & Advertising
- Culture, Purpose & Employee Engagement
- Content Development, Storytelling & Syndication
- EmerginG Technology Adoptions & Applications
- Authenticity & Trust Building
- Fan, User & influencer Loyalty, Retention & Participation
- Design, Creative & Clever Branding
- Personal Brands