The second of a series of posts on the top engaged Wikicauses – those not-for-profits, charities, CSR efforts and causes that demonstrate well-above the norm for stakeholder engagement, digital innovation, online community building and application of social technologies and media.
Our next set of 16 are the CSR efforts, private foundations and corporate givers.
Also, head to a couple of links at the bottom to get involved by: tipping us, being polled, joining our Twitter chat or being interviewed:
Joanna, George Smith , Grace Lee @nycgrace , and Shiv Singh @shivsingh
Twitter followers – 94.3m followers
- Pepsi is giving away millions each month to fund refreshing ideas that change the world. The ideas with the most votes will receive grants.
Kate James, Betty Scolnik
Twitter followers – 553.4m followers
- Helping all people lead healthy, productive lives, focused on global health, global development, & U.S. education.
Gavin Lobo @gavinlobo , Glenn Cooper
Twitter Followers: 2.1m followers
- Annual competition for sharing ideas to create positive change in your community. The most popular ideas will have a chance to share the $1,000,000 Aviva Community Fund
Cristal Guderjahn @cristalannjee, Stephanie Marx @steffymarx, Willa Black
Twitter followers: 5.7m followers (US campaign)
- Cisco’s sponsored effort that facilitates how easy it can be for you, your community and the entire world to take better care of the resources that have been provided by our planet; to come together with others to show the power of the human network when we act as one
Betsy Aoki, Adam Sohn
Twitter Followers: 0.6m followers
- Rethinking, reforming and rebuilding US education. Powered by Microsoft’s Bing and partners, people and technology, is a movement designed to expand and encourage the national conversation around education reform by providing information and resources to learn, a community platform to connect, and tools and initiatives to act.
Nicole Guidara, Kelly Kossakoski @kellykoss , Kristin Toli @ktoli
Twitter followers – 3.9m followers
- Liberty Mutual-sponsored country-wide initiative to get people talking about safe senior driving
Michel Savoie @michelsavoie
Twitter Followers:4.5m followers
- the first phase of the RBC Blue Water Project, announced in late 2007, functions as a grant program of $50 million over ten years to support charitable initiatives that foster a culture of water stewardship.
Pepper Roukas, Nancy Smith
Twitter followers – n/a (but 801m facebook fans)
- American Express’ online initiative that provides those with a passion for philanthropy and interest in giving back an opportunity to take small steps to make a big difference
Caitlin Coble, Liza Delatorre
Twitter Followers – 738.8m followers
- Tom’s Shoes Charity effort – with every pair you purchase, Toms will give a new pair of new shoes to a child in need.
Karen Quintos @karenquintos, Bob Kaufman @bobkatdell, Carly Tatum @carlyjeane, Amy Hayes @ahayesatdell
Twitter followers – 1.8m followers
- The University of Texas and Dell partnered effort for college students worldwide with big ideas to change the world and $100,000+ in prizes
Clara Carrier @claracarrier
Twitter followers: 6.5m followers
- Ronald McDonald House Charities helps children access quality care in 53 countries & regions.
William Azaroff @wazaroff, Katie Dugas @quenchdesigns, Andrea Yeung @andreacyeung
Twitter followers: 0.9m followers
- Illuminating the network of members, business, and organizations so that people can get to know each other. and create a space for content (event postings, comments, news stories, photos, videos, stories) that support VanCity’s triple bottom line
Allyson Burns @allieb37, Jean Case @jeancase, Emily Yu @dcxchange
Twitter followers: 377.2m followers
- Foundation designed to democratize philanthropy, encourage civic engagement, and promote new and innovative technologies to make giving more informed, efficient, and effective
eBay Giving Works http://www.ebaygivingworks.com/
Twitter Followers – 2.9m followers
- an easy way on eBay for you to help causes and nonprofits that matter to you; more than $215 million has been received through eBay Giving Works from generous eBay buyers and sellers
Chris Salgardo @chrisatkiehls, Lauren Rodolitz @laurenatkiehls, Michelle Shildkret @miishi
Twitter Followers – 14.8m followers
- an ongoing global philanthropy effort with the 2011 installment promoting children’s their 3 key causes – well-being, environmental issues, and HIV/AIDS research to celebrate Kiehl’s 160th anniversary – celebrity video contest that’s up to Kiehl’s visitors to determine how much goes where, by casting their vote
Karyn Byrne @karynbyrne
Twitter followers: n/a, 76k Facebook fans
- in honor of its 40th Anniversary, The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is donating $1 million to the communities that have contributed so greatly to our success. And the public will help decide which projects will receive the funding
OTHER WIKICAUSES LINKS:
The Wikicauses 300 – Post I - Government/Public Affairs/Global Missions
Wikibrands – The Book
OTHER WIKICAUSE BUZZWORTHY LINKS:
Collab0rate – If you work for or with a cause, please take our 1st annual WikiGood survey – you could win and learn stuff too – click here
Connect – join us Tuesday, June 28th for our 4th Twitter chat #wikichat covering off all the key questions people in not for profits ask – 3:00-4:30pm EST; just use #wikichat as the hashtag and watch the insight and chaos begin
Tell Us Your Story – if you are mentioned above or think youro cause has the right wiki stuff, we’d love to profile you and interview you, let us know
Join our Wiki All-Star cast – we are recruiting 20-40 all-stars of the digital side of the not for profit landscape to be part of a collaboration identifying the best and worst practices in the industry, if interested, put your hand up
Tip Us on Others – send a message along about some of your own fave WikiCauses (and if possible let us know why and a contact) by simply commenting on this blog post below