As things are in real life, so they are with online communities. The need for a great customer/user experience defies no bounds and is crucially important in building a customer/user community.
This was the top ranking attribute among seventeen factors asked when considering the success factors in building online communities.
- the continuing need for great ideas and great sponsoring products/brands to drive interest
- the need for a very clear purpose on joining a community
- the recognition from the outset that the community will need to demonstrate utility and/or entertainment value to its constituents
- the need for resourcing of nimble communities to provide moderation, speed and responsiveness
- the sweat work of identifying and recruiting the quality of people involved and process in building communities